Ricca & Son Piano

Stephen Airy stephen_airy@yahoo.com
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 17:30:32 -0800 (PST)

And, when I DO restore/restring the piano, I was
wondering -- do you think it might be possible to put
some metal tabs/bars UNDER the strings, so when you
press the middle pedal (which right now does nothing)
it will shorten the speaking length of at least one
string from each unison, thereby giving an out-of-tune
sound?  I would like the tabs to be individually
adjustable, but if not my idea is approx. 33c in the
bichords, 25c from the first trichord to E-44, 15c
from F-45 to D-54, 20c from D#-55 to E-68, and 25c
from F-69 up to C-88.