errata - lids

ANRPiano@AOL.COM ANRPiano@AOL.COM
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 07:18:53 EST

Since Ron has been so kind as to bring up the subject of lids, I have an
unusual question regarding same.

Some time this next year I get to build a new lid for an old piano.  A 1929
Bechstein "B" I think, in any case it is an 8 footer.

Since the piano is ebony I am not going to sweat the veneer too much, I will
just cross band some inexpensive whatever.  My query lies however at the core
of the matter.  I have found poplar in some lids I have had to do surgery on,
but since this is a no cut corners job, what would you all recommend?

Andrew Remillard