Tuning an Autoharp

Thu, 07 Dec 2000 09:05:57 +0100

First let me say I have no idea if there is any particular temperament or
whatever that is to be applied to these. That being said we used to have
and play these in our family and church music groups when I was a kid. We
routinely tuned them to the piano note for note. They were no problem to
tune, could be done in 10 to 15 minutes. Like many such hand held string
instruments, a tuning on these holds a relatively short time. We most often
adjusted the tuning by ear alone each time we picked one up to play.

They have a really nice sound actually. I kinda miss having one around. A
zither relative.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.