Tuning an Autoharp

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Wed, 06 Dec 2000 23:00:19 -0800

Dave,

Autoharps are very easy to tune. I used to tune them just by matching
pitches with the piano. But if you use the SAT, I would do it without
stretch. Inharmonicity is probably close to nil. You can use the
customer's key or a harpsichord wrench. You will need to tune it two or
three times at least to get it to stabilize at standard pitch. You
should have it sounding great in about 15 minutes.

Tom Cole