loose hammer heads

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 09:01:14 EST

In a message dated 12/5/00 6:02:30 PM Central Standard Time,
cedel@supernet.com writes:

<< Today I tuned a school piano, a Yamaha studio model P22, or whatever
 model they called it when it was new back in 1971.  It has many loose
 hammer heads.  How would you recommend I reglue these?

 In pianos where there are just one or two loose, I generally just work
 it off and reglue.  Is there danger in breaking the butt or flange by
 doing this?  I think I've heard of turning the action upside down and
 using the water-thin CA on the loose ones.  I've never done that.
 Advice?

 Regards, Clyde >>

I have had the same problem with a school P22. With as many loose heads as
you describe, it would be easier to turn the action upside down and squirting
in the CA glue. If there are still a couple of loose ones after that, taking
them off by rocking the head up and down will not effect the butt and flange,
as long as you do it gently

Willem