Broadwood

Mon, 04 Dec 2000 08:39:10 +0100

JStan40@AOL.COM wrote:

> Richard!
>
> Odd, isn't it, that with all the emphasis these days on authenticity of
> performance, pitch level, temperament (oops!  Please, no flames!) that
> when
> it comes to a movie like that, the music was simply hopeless, hopeless,
> HOPELESS!  It was a compelling story, to be sure, but........I very
> nearly
> walked out of the theater because of the music.  With that in mind, what
> hope
> was there that the piano would sound even remotely the way it looked?
> Hollywood in the '30s and '40s tried very hard to be as realistic as
> possible
> with most movies.............too expensive now.  Easier to do it in house
>
> ith samples.........Sheesh is right!

You sure are right there Stan... I got the feeling it was some kinda
new-age music she was playing half the time.... didnt fit the time span at
all tho for the modern cosmic california yupphead I suppose it was an
emotionally inspiring moment..

Actually I wasnt to awfully impressed with the movie at all. 3rd rate
smaltzch if you ask me.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.