Using computer to organize business

Phil Bondi tito@PhilBondi.com
Sat, 2 Dec 2000 16:47:23 -0500

Doug, this subject has been covered in the past, but I will offer my own =
experiences with you.

I started out on Excel..it was an easy way to get started..as my =
business grew, I knew I had to expand to a 'real' database.

I bought Ken Hale's Piano DB97..it is set up really nicely so you can =
get up to speed rather quickly with it..I, for one, am always fooling =
with the layout and the general design of it, but for something 'out of =
the box' set up for technicians, it's been a real Godsend for me...a =
'search' on the 'net for Piano DB97 will bring you right to the site. I =
have written to Ken on a couple of occasions asking questions..he's very =
responsive and gives clear and articulate explainations..it would be a =
good idea if you had a basic knowledge of MS Access..it's based in that =
software...if it's any help or re-assurance to you, I am a "proud" owner =
of "Access For Dummies"!

I use Quicken to keep track of my finances..I believe DB97 has this =
capability(not really sure)...QuickBooks seems to be more =
'popular'..I've personally never used it..Quicken is pretty simple to =
use and suits my needs just fine.

I suggest you get familiar with MS Word, also..there's a few basic =
'wizards' in this program that will help you look very =
professional...like..Business Envelopes..Business Letterhead, etc. .. I =
make my Business Cards using MS Publisher..very simple to use.

Roo(k)