Damper lift rod

Sat, 02 Dec 2000 21:44:15 +0100

Hi Ed.. I would first check to see what you have to go on with the damper
spoons themselves. If they can be lowered a bit without causing problems
touching the dampers themselves and without screwing up the back end of the
whippen, then push them down a bit.

I would also check the condition of the mounting flanges for the lift rod
itself. Felt could be worn out, or screws could be loose.. even a broken weld..
tho these dont exactly fit your symptoms.. still have a look at it.

I wouldnt shave the top of the spoons.... I would rather just pull them and
clip off a bit from the bottom and re-insert... CA glue handy.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.