Aeolian Player Action Removal

joegum joegum@webtv.net
Sat, 2 Dec 2000 13:39:39 -0500 (EST)

Joe Goss wrote:                                        <<<<Joe,
Not even close! Kind of reminds me of the first car ( a Ford I think )
where to change the spark plugs one had to remove the motor. To fix the
problem is more costly hour wise than the player is worth. Joe G
oss>>>>
Joe, It was just a thought.  Sorry it wasn't a good one.  After I sent
it, I started thinking of other possible complications.... does it have
a transposer?, etc.  One thing though,  PPCo. in Wichita still has the
manual listed for sale.  If you don't mind,  I'd like to ask a question
of you, so that I'm absolutely clear as to  your meaning.  In your post,
are you saying that disconnecting the tracker bar while leaving the
tubing attached simply will not work? Or, are you saying that it's just
not  worth the effort?  Or both?  Thanks.
-Joe Gum...  ----- Original Message -----
From: joegum <joegum@webtv.net>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Friday, December 01, 2000 9:57 PM
Subject: Re: Aeolian Player Action Removal
Hi. Before I begin, let me say that I HAVE NEVER DONE THIS. Let me also
say that I HAVE NO IDEA IF THIS IS CORRECT, OR, WILL JUST MAKE THINGS
WORSE. Let me begin.....           Several months ago, I
watched an installation video put out by Ragtime in Ceres, CA. Part of
the demo showed the removal of a spool box. They simply disconnected the
tracker bar from the spool box, left the tracker bar in the nickelodeon
with all the hoses still attached to the it, and then removed the spool
box. I don't know if this is applicable to your situation. -Joe G.