pianotech-digest V2000 #1075

Ken Gerler kenneth.gerler@prodigy.net
Sat, 2 Dec 2000 08:18:39 -0600

Carol, don't forget dog pee, either.  But regards to cats, on two occasions
I was called to service and appraise organs.  It both homes, when you walked
in the front door, you would have sworn you just walked into a public
restroom that didn't have any deodorizer and hadn't been cleaned for months.
I advised both that the instruments were ruined as the uric acid permeating
the air had done its work.

I am a cat lover, my wife, Pat, and I have FIVE.  And you can walk into our
house any time and never guess we have 5 plus a dog.

Ken Gerler

> I don't think it's a good idea to give anyone the picture that cats and
> pianos mix. This is the time of year when many people working in the piano
> business are especially overtired, oversheduled, working their last
nerves,
> and could care less if they ever saw another piano or customer, so this
> little story, although it seemed hillarious at the time, might not sound
so
> funny if you are a cat person.
>
>   I was working for a large piano retailer and business was gangbusters
> during this holiday season.  People of all descriptions were buying
pianos -
> I swear some of them thought they were stereo systems with strings!
Anyway