Rhodes Piano

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 19:27:46 -0600

Check the Reblitz book.  I know the first edition has a great section on the
Rhodes among 3 other electric pianos.  To tune down, (in pitch) the spring
on the tines would have to slide toward the free end.  I doubt if there is
enough room.  You can only try and find out.   If you have to start moving
the tines the pickups will have to be repositioned.   If he values it as a
Rhodes and for the money it could cost,  he might consider buying a used
synth such as DX7 or older Ensoniq that has a decent Rhodes sound.  Then
simply use the transpose feature.   ---ric