Pitch raising on older pianos

Kristinn Leifsson istuner@islandia.is
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 18:02:00 +0000

Well, we vikings here use A440, and the rest of the Nordic lard balls do
too I think. <G>
A Czech concert pianist I know told me they used really high pitch in the
Czech Republic A444 or something.  (Resulting in 8 broken strings a week
for him, and he´s not a harsh player.)
Remember if you´re dealing with English low carbon strings you can raise
the piano higher than with the American one´s.
Ain´t that right guys... uhh persons ? :)

And monsieur Ruth, am I right to assume that A338 is a typo ? :Þ

Regards,

Kristinn Leifsson,
Reykjavík, Iceland

P.S. Do the chicken come from where you live ?

And why the hell won´t my spell check (not that I rely on it) recognize
"viking" ?