Ed Foote and Coleman 11

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 20:55:11 EDT

<< Robert, comparing your numbers against Ed's, yours seem to be all 1 cent

less than Ed's except for the B.

So as not to confuse anyone, Robert and Ed can we please clarify the

situation. >>

Greetings,
   Jim C., as I remember it, mentioned that his original #11, being derived
from a spreadsheet, ended up with A taking a 1 cent drop.  Something to do
with keeping the overall tension as unchanged as possible, I think.
   I have opined before that proposing not only a change of temperament, but
also a change of pitch complicates the customers decision, so I strive for
A-440 with any given temperament.  This is not to say that I have any
customer that could tell a one cent difference in overall pitch!
   The difference in the B is a mystery, I THINK I have Jim's numbers right,
he did vett the info before I printed it, and I have been successfully using
this temperament for some time.
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT