Reactionary curmudgeon vs: "snuggles"

J Patrick Draine draine@mediaone.net
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 19:58:39 -0400

Bill Simon recently wrote:

>>Recently I read here that someone leaves the pitch raise tuning DELIBERATELY
>>" ROUGH"

Jeez I beat K.L. up on the list about that months ago ... but then a
few months later he wrote about flying to the other side of his
country when somebody complained that there was something wrong with
the tuning he did (and it turned out the faculty member simply didn't
like the voicing, which K. didn't touch). So I figured out he's OK
after all. :>)

>Later Kristinn wrote:

>   I believe that I am a good tuner, and that most of my tunings, if
>done on an instrument that permits it, can pass the PTG test easily,
>although I havenīt tried that given my location.

Well c'mon over & take the test! Do some sightseeing too!

>   Itīs something one should discuss face to face, and sometimes I
>substitute that with these list discussions.

Yeah, well, whether "for the record", or chatting over a cup of
coffee, I think we should try for the most stable pitch raise &/or
tuning, and charge enough to command our customers' respect!

Patrick Draine
RPT, and MA in Chinese Language & Literature as of 4:15 PM this afternoon!