Ed Foote and Coleman 11

Woodrow, John (Parramatta) John.Woodrow@pil.com.au
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 10:05:50 +1100

Robert Scott wrote:
I'd have been using a Coleman 11 on my Kawai for the past month and playing
Chopin Nocturnes.  I really like it, and it does not seem to cause any
problem with other music either.  For everyone's reference, here are the
offsets in cents for Coleman 11 again:
 C    3
 C#   0
 D    0
 D#   0
 E   -3
 F    4
F#  -2
 G    2
 G#   0
 A   -1
 A#   2
 B   -4

Robert,
The offsets you posted don't agree with the ones provided by Ed.  The fact
that you have offset A by -1 certainly 'drew my attention'.  The offsets
posted by Ed on the 13th April are (cut and pasted directly from the
archives):

A = 0
A# = 3
B = -2
C = 4
C# =1
D =1
D# = 1
E =-2
F =5
F# = -1
G =3
G#= 1

Robert, comparing your numbers against Ed's, yours seem to be all 1 cent
less than Ed's except for the B.

So as not to confuse anyone, Robert and Ed can we please clarify the
situation.

Regards,
John Woodrow
Sydney, Australia ICPTG