Cooler

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 22:14:56 -0400

Hi Dick. Arctic Zone, from ACE Hardware. It is not really anything special,
just well insulated with a double-layer plastic lid that I drilled a hole in
and squirted some spray foam insulation (Great Stuff type) in the lid. Any
cooler with a good lid and well insulated will do. It's actually kinda goofy
in that it has a holder for a water bottle (or something) on the side and a
zippered pouch on the front. I initially bypassed this one because of all
the bells & whistles (a sixth grader might think its kinda cool), but on
second look I realized it was a perfect size to fit all my stuff in. In my
cooler, I keep all my liquids:

4    2 oz. bottles of CA (2 thin - in case I run into bad pinblock - 1 med.,
and 1 thick)
1    2 oz. bottle of CA solvent (gotta have it!)
1    2 oz. bottle of CA accelerator
1    2 oz. squeeze bottle with long tip for Protek
1    32 oz. bottle of Protek for refilling 2 oz. applicator bottle
1    2 oz. squeeze bottle for mineral oil & naptha
1    4 oz. squeeze bottle for 9:1 water & denatured alchohol
1    8 oz. squeeze bottle of Titebond
1    8 oz. squeeze bottle of Franklin liquid hide glue
6 new CA bottle tops/tips

It is also tall enough so that my Protek quart and bottles of Titebond and
hide glue can all stand up. I make sure I have enough bottles in there so
that nothing falls over. It helps to have a good volume of liquids in the
cooler - that helps moderate the temperature. I try to bring the cooler and
my tuning case into the shop each night so that it cools off (my tuning
hammer also! - Ha, I can only wish I were that fast!).

Terry Farrell
Piano Tuning & Service
Tampa, Florida
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com