Reactionary curmudgeon vs: "snuggles"

Tue, 29 Aug 2000 07:53:55 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: <BSimon999@AOL.COM>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: August 28, 2000 10:06 PM
Subject: Reactionary curmudgeon vs: "snuggles"

> Seems to me that the sterling professionals that advocate new treatments,
on
> any part of a piano, should have the burden of proof that they cause no
harm
> and are better than the old ways. If they are proven out and become part
of
> decent established practice, the fellow should be given credit and renown!
> AND, - to be ethical "professionals" - if you do find a product to pour on
> hammers and in 2 minutes they are all better forever, then the result to
the
> customer should cost the customer LESS, - unless it is part of a con job.
>
> Bill Simon
> Phoenix

Well, I've raised my eyebrows a few times as well, over the past several
years.  On the other hand...

The problem with the 'old ways,' of course, is that the industry has been
changing in the face of them.  The hammers appearing on today's pianos --
yes, even including some of the so-called best of them -- would have been
thrown out the factory with the rest of the garbage in the 'old days.'

I am quite thankful that I don't have to face these things on a daily basis.
If I did, I suspect I might also be ready for a few 'snuggles.'

Regards,

Del
Delwin D Fandrich
Piano Designer & Builder