Installing grand backchecks

Graeme Harvey gharvey@netsource.co.nz
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 23:07:41 +1200

Hello all,

I'm coming out of lurk mode to enquire of the wise ones.

I'm currently installing a new action stack into an old German grand and =
have reached a point where I am ready to install the new backchecks.

I have two questions,
How should I determine the final height once installed?

How do you actually push them in?=20
These are new Renner checks installed on new wires which have a splined =
section for fitting into the key.=20
I figured I could push them in using a jig setup in the drill press.

I did a quick search of the archives which turned out to be quite time =
consuming, hence my query about a topic thats probably been thrashed =
before.

Thanks,

Graeme Harvey  =20