Pounding tuning pins.

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 08:54:23 EDT

 Nossaman writes:

<< I'd tell the customer to expect the pitch raise. That way, If it
proves necessary, you'll have credibility and if it doesn't prove
necessary, you'll have good news.  >>

Greetings,
         Interesting to read this post this morning.  I am just heading out
the door to make a first call to a customer who told me, "We bought this
Kawai grand four years ago,  and have moved several times.  We never got
around to getting it tuned, ever!"
  I explained that the first visit would probably cost twice as much as one
regular tuning, and it would need another tuning before Christmas.  She
understood as soon as I used the word "catch-up".
   So,  we will see how far a new Kawai drops, on its own.  This happened
once before, a Baldwin R that hadn't been tuned since new (eight years).   It
was over 100 cents flat, and unisons were out by up to 10 cents within
themselves.  I did a double tuning and they didn't like the way it sounded
when I finished.  <sigh>
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT