Lost Motion Grommet Curiosity

Ward & Probst wardprobst@cst.net
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 22:27:46 -0500

(940) 691-6843 fax
TEAM2001 website: http://www.equaltemperament.com/PTG/

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of BSimon999@AOL.COM
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2000 6:25 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Lost Motion Grommet Curiosity

I soon have to install a set of the square headed lost motion adjusters,
containing a square fiber insert, into a Gulbransen spinet.

Whenever I do this job I find that so many of the adjusters are so badly
made
that just trying to screw them on is either impossible and tears the fiber
square apart, or they disassemble themselves.

I was planning to run a tap through the fiber square to "pretreat" the
adjuster and have fewer problems during istallation, but I have no sample of
the wires they go on.

Does anyone know what size thread the wires have?  I seem to remember it is
something like 6-32, ( #6 size, 32 threads per inch) but it might be an
oddball size.

I would appreciate any info from someone who can compare the threads to a
known size.

Thanks,

Bill Simon
Phoenix