Gilding

Ward & Probst wardprobst@cst.net
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 21:19:51 -0500

Brian,
Glenn Hart water gilded a whole piano. He had pictures of it in his tool
booth. If I recall correctly, it was an S&S grand with carving.
Dale
Dale Probst, RPT
Member, TEAM20001
PTG Annual Convention
Reno, NV --July 11-15, 2000
email: wardprobst@cst.net
(940)691-3682 voice
(940) 691-6843 fax
TEAM2001 website: http://www.equaltemperament.com/PTG/

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Brian Trout
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2000 11:59 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Gilding

Thanks Del and Clark.

I should have consulted Mr. Webster...  gilding, ... guilding...   Sorry
about that.  Would that be a Freudian slip?  :-)

But thanks for the input.

FWIW, does anybody do any gilding in any of their piano work?  Plate?  Case
trim? Hardware?    Just curious.  I've never done any of it, but it's on my
"to-try-someday-when-I-have-time" list.  (I enjoy clock making, and can
think of a couple of projects that might be neat to explore.)

Brian Trout
Quarryville, PA
btrout@desupernet.net