Humidity Change and Unisons

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 15:56:24 -0500

>Hi Ron,
>
>I see I just acted like a politian and answer the question I wanted you to
>ask rather than the one you *did* ask,
>
>My contention is that in doing pitch corrections the added tension on the
>hitch pin causes the plate to deform and that the pitch correction is more
>significant from this than from the change in the soundboard.

By golly Don, you ARE a politician. Up until this very moment, we were
talking about why unison smear happens between tunings and what the most
likely cause is. Yes, I agree that plate deformation probably has more to
do with pitch drift during pitch adjustments, but I thought we'd worked
that one out to everyone's satisfaction a couple of years ago.

>This is not quite the same topic as unison smear. But it is where I got the
>idea that the plate is very much involved in that result.

No, not quite. Once again, please explain why the plate would move more
than the soundboard between tunings - not during.

Ron N