key discoloration

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 14:38:50 -0400

I'll take a not-very-knowledgeable shot at this.  I saw a piano with very
yellowed keys at a used-piano dealer one time.  I'm quite sure they were
plastic.  When I remarked about the keys, he said, "Oh, that will come right
off!"  He took a piece of very fine steel wool to one of the keys, and sure
enough, there was white under the yellow.

I don't know if this will always work, and I'm not sure what number the steel
wool was.  I surely wouldn't want to scratch the keytops.  Maybe someone else
knows.

Clyde