piano tuning method

Michel Lachance michel_lachance@hotmail.com
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 22:26:19 EDT

Bill,

That's a very good response you have put there.  We really have to know what
piano tuning is about in order to understand that is may not quite fit into
the do-it-yourself fashion.

However, there is just one thing I may disagree with.  I understand that
tuning from A0 with the aural method is the most unappropriate way to
proceed.  But since the change of tension in the bass section has more
effect in the opposite section (treble) than the other way around, it is
totally relevant to tune bottom up with a *good* ETD (read RCT, SAT or
TuneLab) in order to ensure more stability, specially in pitch raising.
Scientifically proven.

Michel lachance, RPT