Hello from France

luca pacha lpacha@club-internet.fr
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 23:39:51 +0200

Hello List !

I discovered this list a few days ago, and it seems very intersting to
me... but
I'm not a professionnal at all, and my french is much better than my
English (!!). I 'd like to ask you a few questions. Thanks for your help.

1) Do you any other equivalent mailing list in other linguages (French for
example! ) ?
Or do you know some other french-speaking contributor to the list ?

2) I worked during my PhD in acoustical physics on some aspects of
human pitch perception but I have no experience of piano
tuning (except from the point of view of the musician...) and I'd like
to find out which are the most frequent methods used by professionnals
(you)
to obtain the temperament and then tune bass and trebble.
I already know the Defebaugh F-F temperament, the Potter F-A temperament
(both described in A.Reblitz's book) and Serge Cordier's temperament with
beatless fiths (and slightly beating Octaves).
Do you use these methods and how do you choose your's ? If you use other
method, could you describe it shortly to me ?

3)What is exactly an ETD ? What can I do with it and where
can I find technical informations on that subject (web site? ...)

4) What should be your advice for me if I want to try to
learn to tune my own piano.
Could I manage to do it just reading books (Reblitz or other?)
carefully
without any risk for my instrument ?

Thank you very much

Marc Pachebat