Humidity Change and Unisons

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 20:56:56 -0500

>Such a long post I usually never read for I thought it was billbrpt! So,
>what's the answer to Don's observation about the right string being sharp on
>both grands and upright tri-chords? I still say it's the angle of the plate.
>On the other hand, vote for me! I'll find the answer!!!
>
>John L.

It was long because that was as short as I could make it. Believe me, I
tried more then twice. Some things just take a little longer. You should
have known it wasn't billrpt because there wasn't anything at all about how
the rest of the world believes they're doing something they're not, and
they're ALL wrong wrong wrong, etc, etc, etc, and I didn't mention ET, or
even temperament, at all. My (own, personal) answer to Don's observation is
yes, depending on a WHOLE lot of pertinent variables that weren't defined
in his posts, making his observations interesting, fun, out of context, and
not conclusive of anything in particular. Others' answers may vary. I still
see no connection whatsoever with the angle of the plate, since it has
nothing to do with the overall string lengths ahead of, or behind the
bridge, and the tensions of these sections as a result of anything
mentioned. A noble attempt, but I still don't see the logic. Perhaps I'm
not paying attention, or perhaps you're not. Maybe it's the local water
quality.

Ron N