Which ETD?

Sat, 19 Aug 2000 19:17:56 +0200

Hi there Eugenia... I gotta aggree with you.. grin... which is what I thought I
origionally said in so many words. You put forward the positives with them as a
learning device... and I will be the first to say that they can be extremely
valuable if used to learn, instead of just being used to tune. Exams results
kinda bear that out I think. They do help with hammer technique just about
however you use them... which is good... But if you just tune by the whirling
dial...most often you end up never really learning how to tune by ear... which
in my book means you never really learn how to tune. (flamesuite unnecessary as
I am fire proof... grin)

I just thought I'd shoot out a little warning flag about pitfalls with ETD's.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.