Which ETD?

Eugenia Carter ginacarter@carolina.rr.com
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 08:06:31 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: Richard Brekne <Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 19, 2000 3:39 AM
Subject: Re: Which ETD?

> Lots of good advice coming your way.. just thought I'd caution you a bit
> about "misuse" of the ETD. Its very easy to lean to hard on them. If you
> are not a good ear tuner from the get go, and you want to become one, then
> be wary of indescrimanant ETD use.

Richard,

Well, yes and no. An ETD can be one of the most effective learning tools
available to anyone, and especially to the beginning student who has no one
available to give them immediate feedback. It all depends on the individual.
Some people misuse all kinds of tools; ETDs are no exception to that misuse.

Gina