..from inside the piano bench..

Sat, 19 Aug 2000 09:28:08 +0200

Phil Bondi wrote:

> "A well recommended and competent technician is always the least expensive."
>
> Discuss?..or disgust?
>
> Rook

Grin.. let me quess... these are new pianos I suppose as you are doing floor
tunings... so you were working on an asian piano from a country with not exactly the
oldest traditions in piano making.

The statement was probably meant to mean that in the long run, using a qualified
technician  is going to cost you less then letting some bozzo dink around with it for
"half the price". I mean really,, I cant get myself to think that a piano
manufacturer really would equate "competence" and "well recommended" with "being the
cheapest guy in town"... grin

Translations can be a lot of fun.

--
Richard Brekne