Humidity Change and Unisons

Marcel Carey mcpiano@globetrotter.net
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 11:09:50 -0400

My humble two cents about this plate growing thing. I think it is not the
plate that is growing but the pinblock. The tuning pin bushings are usually
tighter in the bottom of the hole (for an upright) than the top. Depending
on the block (multi-ply or maple) and on the tuning pins placement (read
measurement differences between the top and bottom pin), the block may very
well grow enough to explain this unison thing.

Maybe I'm right, or then maybe I'm wrong, but it sure makes sense to me.

Marcel Carey, RPT
Sherbrooke, QC