Humidity Change and Unisons

John Lillico, RPT staytuned@idirect.com
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 21:31:14 -0400

>Hi John,
>
>So why does the plate move with humidity?
>Tis metal. So therefore the *frame* or support structure of the plate must
>be moving and the plate is bending in response.
>
>Don Rose

Almost!  But if the plate doesn't bend and is raised on account of expansion of the area upon which it rests, then the near edge (right string) area will be higher from the bridge causing that string to be sharp.

Don't draw me into a technical thing. It's just a thought for you to figure out.

John Lillico, RPT
Oakville, Ontario