Tilting Pianos

Ronald Duschenchuk r.duschenchuk@worldnet.att.net
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 20:31:47 GMT

On Thu, 17 Aug 2000 11:13:18 -0600 (MDT), you wrote:

>Tilting Pianos

You must strap the piano to the tilter. I use nylon flat strapping
with a rachet tightener. Strap through the back posts, around the
tilter and tighten until the nylon strap "sings" when plucked. Also,
if there is much space between the bottom of the tilter and the bottom
of the piano, wedge in some scrap wood to make a snug fit. I've never
lost a piano across the room with this method. Good luck!

Ron