Action Geometry

Thu, 17 Aug 2000 22:24:46 +0200

Hi Paul

"Paul S. Larudee" wrote:

> It is called the Magnetic Balanced Action and is the brainchild of Evert Snel
> and Hans Velo (Netherlands).  It is available through Fazioli and was mounted
> in a Fazioli at the convention.  Although what drew the most attention at the
> convention was the capability to change the touchweight of the instrument
> uniformly in about 30 seconds with a few adjustments from the front of the
> action, a more significant feature, in my opinion is that it completely
> eliminates the need for key leads, and therefore vastly improves the inertial
> characteristics.  It also makes the hammer weight independent of the key
> weight, which allows you to select or even design hammers according to other
> criteria.

I saw this too... and it is very interesting indeed. Seems to me that Stanwoods
approach and this system could go together really well actually. I heard some
rumours that they are talking to each other but I am not sure...

Still, I am very interested in more opinion about Stanwoods approach and how it
fits together with action geometry.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.