yamaha leg repair

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 09:28:29 -0600

At 08:55 AM 17/08/00 -0400, you wrote:

>In a message dated 8/17/2000 7:48:01 AM, Tuner1956@AOL.COM writes:
>
><< The *socket that leg bolt screws into spins*
>so you cannot remove the leg.  I have tried to replace the small screws that
>hold the socket, but have had no success.  Any information or suggestions
>would be appreciated. >>

Hi Tim,
          Some good suggestions from Jim, but a worst case scenerio, you
may have to remove the rear consol to get at the T nuts.  This is the part
that the legs are screwed on to.  It is held in place with a series of
Phillips screws. Once you have it off, you will have lots of room to work
on the nut to back the screw out.   The screws hold the consol to the rim,
and are usually very tight.  A Phillips scocket, used with a scocket wrench
will remove them quite easily.  I've never had a problem getting at the
keybed nuts,  the keybed can be removed, but it's quite a bit more work.
If you have broken out wood, build it back up with epoxy, drill pilot holes
in a new position for new screws.  Use the old T nut as a dam to shape the
epoxy, remember to coat it with vaseline.  It will be easy to remove after
the epoxy has cured, and will give you perfect support for the new nuts.
Install new nuts and screws.
If you are thinking of retapping the old nuts, remember they are metric.
Have fun
Roger

Roger Jolly
Saskatoon, Canada.