SHARING FILES - problems...

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 10:18:36 -0500

>Twould appear that I (as usual) am the cause of the problem.
>Try again
>
>Regards
>

>Tony Caught ICPTG

A few days back, I tried to upload three files. I went through the routine
and it seemed to be working, but after what I thought was a reasonable
amount of time for the process, I was still looking at the dreaded
hourglass. I let it go for another couple of minutes, listening to my hard
drive "kuchink" every five seconds or so until the Windoze Paranoia Itch
got the better of me and I cancelled. Oddly enough, the cancellation worked
(hadn't expected to be released back into the wild quite that easily -
usually "some penalties may apply"). When I checked the directory the next
day, my uploads were listed. Who'd of thought? I don't know if they were
really there or not, but I figured I had been into the "Valley Of  No
Return And Little Cause For Hope" recently enough not to risk trying to
verify it. Yes Jim, that would be your basic VONRALCFH.

So, Tony, you may have just put a previously wounded "service" out of it's
misery, or just happened to come along as the result of what I did finally
kicked in and killed it outright as you watched, or (more likely) it came
pre-broken like so many of the wonderful products and services we are
offered. Too bad. Both the internet virtual drive and the file sharing are
good ideas, and worth pursuing with a relatively stable system (and
participants???). Don't give up just yet Michel, it's worth another shot.
Tony and I will try not to break the next one - honest.

Ron N