NUTS

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 14:32:31 -0500

Now, I'm discouraged. For some time, I've been looking for decent looking
3/8" x 16 acorn nuts. The hardware store variety are OK, I guess, but not
very classy looking. I don't much like the dome top, so I've been on a
quest. So far, the only decent looking ones I've seen have been a couple of
bucks apiece, and 3/4" tall. In the grand scheme of things, the couple of
bucks isn't so bad, but I sort of wanted something shorter than 3/4" tall.

I tuned an old Everett spinet today that had just what I was looking for,
brass (negotiable), and 1/2" tall. Looks kind of like this from the side.

  _____
 /_____\
| _____ |

So far, Morton Machine Works AN-1 low carbon steel, or AN-1SS stainless,
are as close as I've found. Anyone know of another source, other than
buying up all the old Everett spinets and salvaging?

Ron N