Yamaha Polyester Marks

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 22:34:29 EDT

In a message dated 8/15/2000 9:51:31 PM, tcole@cruzio.com writes:

<< With no
rubber-headed nails to keep the surfaces apart, it doesn't take much
grit to spoil the shine over the years. >>

Tom;
 When I do one of these thingees in the shop I install two 'clear', self
stick, soft vinyl bumpers on the large portion of the top. I use the self
stick for pianos that belong to customers. The advantage of using the self
stick thingees is that they can be removed, without damaging the finsh, if
the customer complains about them.

   For my own spec pianos I will drill for and install rubber buttons...NOT
rubber headed nails.  If you try to install a rubber headed nail without
predrilling through the polyester you will crack the polyester when you try
to drive the nail in................
Jim Bryant (FL)