Yamaha Polyester Marks

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 18:25:02 -0700

There's hardly a polyester case grand out there which doesn't have a
mark on the back lid where the front lid folds back on it. With no
rubber-headed nails to keep the surfaces apart, it doesn't take much
grit to spoil the shine over the years.

Today, I was asked by a Yamaha owner not only how he could restore the
shine but also how further marring could be prevented. I thought about
the very pretty but virtually useless red felt key cover lying idle in
the bench and discovered that it was the perfect length to interpose
between the shiny surfaces.

I never did get around to the question of restoring the shine ('cause I
don't have experience with high polish cases). Any recommendations for polishes?

Tom