Correct strike point

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 15:03:25 -0500

>I understand there is a mathematical formula to figure the correct strike
>point on a string.  Can someone please let me know what it is?

>Dave Streit

Hi Dave,
It would surprise me if you could measure it as accurately as you can hear
it. Trial and error #88, and mount it where it sounds best. Then see if the
low end of the treble section sounds best in line between the hammers in
the next section down, and #88, or if you need to raise or lower it a bit.
The exact positioning gets less critical as you go down scale, so you can
probably straight line them from there.

Ron N