Question regarding Well Temp. Tuning

Mon, 14 Aug 2000 06:16:08 +0200

Billbrpt@AOL.COM wrote:

> They "all" might have "enjoyed" it just as well if they had simply brought in
> a Clavinova and pushed the "harpsichord" or "Rinky-Tink Piano" buttons too.
> It would have also been easier and cheaper so why didn't they just do that?
>
> Gotta go now, time to make some music in my own home.  Let's see, which
> button do you push to turn on the radio?  Ah, there it is, instant music, all
> in ET of course, and all enjoyable.  Why bother with anything else?

Indeed... why bother. I personally find all this ET bashing just as annoying, if
not more so, then the lack, by many to recognize the real qualities available
from HT. The later may often enough be excused by relatively innocent ignorance,
where as the former borders all to often on being outright hypocritical.

There is simply no doubt that most, if not all western music sounds delightfull
in ET. That it can also sound delightfull in other temperament colourings is
simply another fact. Those who say otherwise speak only for themselves and refer
to no universal truth whatsoever. Indeed, such opinion speaks of a complete
failure to understand the basic nature of art to begin with.

Grin...

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.