False, false beats?

Douglasmahard@AOL.COM Douglasmahard@AOL.COM
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 20:59:05 EDT

Hi all,

A Wurlitzer 5' grand I've been tuning for a while gave me something new to
think about.  I heard several notes with false beats that I had never heard
before.  Seating the offending wires did nothing to help.  I did notice that
when I played the notes standing up with my body to the curved side of the
piano and head under the lid the beats were greatly diminished if not
completely gone.  Going around to the other side of the piano the beats got
worse.

I'm am clueless as to what may be causing this.  The piano is in the same
postion it has always been.

Anyone ever encounter something like this?

Doug Mahard