NOT PIANO RELATED... personal update

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 19:40:16 -0400

I hope you'll forgive a non-piano type post, especially on the weekend.

If you only read piano related stuff, hit the DELETE key NOW!!

A while back I had posted a plea for advice regarding an ending marriage.
So many of you responded, that I thought I'd post a short note here about
how things are going.

In short, it's been a hard week(end).  My wife left this past Friday while I
was working.  She's gone, the animals are gone, the house is about 2/3
empty.  Feels pretty lonely.

The divorce isn't final yet.  It'll probably be around Thanksgiving, maybe
Christmas (Yuck) till it's final, with the mandatory waiting period and
such.

It was fairly civil financially.  I think she made out a little better than
me in terms of "stuff", but there's nothing left worth fighting over, so I
can make some new beginnings... financially, emotionally, physically...

There's been (and no doubt will be more) hard moments, but overall, I'm
doing ok.  Work has been booming with the colleges and schools getting
geared up for the fall term, so I've been busy.  (Not much time to sit
around and feel sorry for myself.)

I have to tell you, I've been so blessed by so many of you who have written
words of hope and encouragement to me over the past few months, and some of
you even offered such in person at the convention.  Your thoughts, concerns,
and thoughtfulness have indeed been a help to me, and I am sincerely
thankful.

Just thought some of you might like to know how things are going.

Best wishes,

Brian Trout
Quarryville, PA
btrout@desupernet.net