Question regarding Well Temp. Tuning

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 16:19:42 EDT

In a message dated 8/13/00 3:13:14 PM Central Daylight Time, ilvey@jps.net
(David Ilvedson) writes:

<<  Last
 nights performance featured Tamara Loring, Harpschichord and John Khori,
 Pianoforte.  I didn't bring a program home so the exact compositions I can't
 put down at this time.  John did play 2 concerto's by Haydn first and then
 Mozart.
 They both tuned their own instruments and tuned in equal temperment.  The
 concert was enjoyed by all! >>

They "all" might have "enjoyed" it just as well if they had simply brought in
a Clavinova and pushed the "harpsichord" or "Rinky-Tink Piano" buttons too.
It would have also been easier and cheaper so why didn't they just do that?

Gotta go now, time to make some music in my own home.  Let's see, which
button do you push to turn on the radio?  Ah, there it is, instant music, all
in ET of course, and all enjoyable.  Why bother with anything else?

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin