Need; Special socket Story and Clark casters

Paul McCloud smccloud@ix.netcom.com
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 08:35:59 -0700

Bill:
    I once had a Steinway console with casters that were similar.  There
was no replacement for them from the factory, so I had to make
modifications.  I removed the old casters along with the ferrules.  I
cut off the old casters, leaving the ferrules.  I drilled the hole
larger in the ferrule, enough to allow the standard caster sockets to
fit.  Then I drilled out the holes in the leg to allow the new sockets
to fit.  I then put it all back, and it worked great.  Hope this helps.
    Paul McCloud
    San Diego