wire gauges

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 15:51:49 -0400

There is no way to really know unless you provide the
speaking lengths as well as the wire sizes.  From that
information inharmonicity, tension, power, breaking % can be
calculated and optimum wire sizes can be calculated for a
given tension.  From there an improved bass scale can be
calculated that  may well make the piano sound longer than
it actually is.  Old scale designers tended to use scales
that are not optimized for best results.

Give me the data and I will calculate a scale for a minimal
fee.

		Newton