Music Therapy in Iowa

Christopher D. Purdy purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 00:48:03 -0400

>Hi all,
>My daughter has decided to major in music therapy and is considering the
>programs at Wartburg and Univ. of Iowa. Is there anyone on the list familiar
>with either of these programs? She'll be visiting Wartburg next week and
>Iowa next month and we'd appreciate any info or advice you have.
>Thanks,
>Richard
>--
>Richard Anderson, RPT
>Anderson Piano Service
>Elgin, IL
>mailto:tknostf@foxvalley.net

Richard,

I cannot speak for either of those programs but I can recommend ours.  Ohio
University has a very well respected degree program in music therapy.  I
also suggest you (or she) contact my friend Dr. Peggy Codding.  Peggy is
nationally known in this field.  She was here until recently and is now
teaching at Berklee in Boston.  Her e-mail address is: pcodding@berklee.edu
Tell her I sent you...

chris

-Christopher D. Purdy R.P.T.   School of Music  Ohio University  Athens OH

-purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu   (740) 593-1656    fax# (740) 593-1429