pipe clamps again (really onlist, ha)

Bdshull@AOL.COM Bdshull@AOL.COM
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 19:43:16 EDT

Ron and Jim,

In my little "offlist" note to Terry I mentioned the pipe clamps I found
today, which I hoped you might catch, undeterred by my "offlist" intentions,
but just in case, I quoth myself below about clamps at a tool sale:

<>

When I used some long reach pipe clamps on a back repair I bent the 3/4"
black pipe - one more reason I thought I might not use them for soundboard
installation, but at $6 each they are hard to resist - and I don't think I
will need to turn them down as much as I did for the back repair.  But I just
knocked out my first board here in the shop, and am progressing (by jerks and
stops) on my pneumatic beam SB press.

(We did our first test on the fire hose end plug under pressure yesterday -
it's everything its reported to be - 80 psi shot the end cap out fast enough
to kill someone, but anticipating the event I was able to watch the thing
slowly push out - then BANG! - BAZOOKA!  at a lowered angle in a safe cement
block corner of the shop - don't try this at home.  Better glue and tighter
hose clamp, maybe less PSI too.)

So should I pass on the pipe clamp sale?

Bill Shull, RPT
University of Redlands, La Sierra University, Riverside City College
Loma Linda, CA