Pinblock/Frame Separation Report!

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 08:09:39 EDT

In a message dated 8/10/2000 4:58:41 AM, Terry wrote:

<<Jim, are you suggesting that first time soundboard installation is something

less than the ultimate experience for a piano rebuilder?>>

Terry;
 No not at all, the comment was really only directed toward the "pipe clamps"
and
"first soundboard" thingees................First because, in my experience,
"pipe clamps" have had limited usefullness in sound board installation work
and secondly because the 'first' soundboard opens up vistas of possibilities
and problems that you have as yet undreamed of....this without regard to the
number of classes you have taken on the subject, or the number of
books/articles you have read.

<<"I figured that

holding the living heart of the instrument in my hand and being responsible

for giving the piano life itself would be the epitome of my work.">>

 Well it ain't living in that sense but it does have the capability of
'being' alive, however I will defer to the MCS to wax philosophical on the
subject as his take is paralell to mine, or mine to his, and his grasp of the
vernacular and jargonic syntax utilization is unequalled in infamy! :-)

 Hey, do your first around Gasparilla time and we can introduce the Sage to
real Pirates!!
Jim Bryant (FL)