Pinblock/Frame Separation Report!

Bdshull@AOL.COM Bdshull@AOL.COM
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 19:59:08 EDT

Hi, Terry,

Congratulations!  I guess the repair was all it was cracked up to be....

I am sure you wanted some Monday morning quarterbacking:

Maybe the 1/16" was the best the piano could do (it's not bad!), but when I
had the 1/2" crack I let the tension down ENTIRELY.  I think that permitted a
complete closing of the crack.  Even then, though, I was working the clamps
hard and it took some time.

Even with the tension down entirely, the retuning is not so bad because of
string memory.  String alignment is more involved, of course;  I would
estimate for hammer filing too.

These items might be figured into the estimate which Ed asked you to work up
for us all (isn't that what he asked?).

Bill Shull, RPT