Piano 300 and Gettysburg

Richard Oliver Snelson rsnelson@dave-world.net
Sun, 06 Aug 2000 14:10:29 -0500

My wife and I  have just returned to our home in Ill from Gettysburg and
a quick side trip to the Piano 300 exhibition.  We did think there would
be more types of pianos on display but were glad to see the small
section for the PTG. We were glad we went.

As a side note: We took our horses with us to Gettysburg to ride and
study the battlefield. What a feeling to ride there. I went out alone on
my big white horse "Dusty Traveler" one evening at dusk. The spirit and
feeling of the many souls that fought and died there was strong. A lump
stayed in my throat on that field of honor.  Dusty felt it also. At one
point he froze after soundly planting both front feet into the dirt pike
we were on. I saw nothing to cause him to shy..

Glad to be  back.. Tunings and repairs now stacked up however.. Great!
Rich